From:
Dee Eisenman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 08:16:38 PST
First, I am very sorry at the loss of Slinky.  The memorial page was very
heartwarming and it is obvious how much you loved the little girl.  Please
remember that you are a good ferret daddy.

Second, does anyone know where to go to download Realplayer for free?  I
use Media Player 7 for everything and it is preferred by me, however in
order to view the videos at ferretTV.com you must pay to download the
player.  Perhaps there is another format that can be used?

Many of us cannot afford to pay a monthly fee just to view a few things
that are in Realplayer only format.  MP3 and MP7 are free and are really
great devices.

I really would like to view these videos since I have heard great things
about Mary and Eric's ferrets.

Those of you who do download/subscribe to Realplayer, BEWARE!  Two people
I know subscribed and when they wanted to terminate, it took a long time
to stop the billing process.

Any suggestions from those who are "computer experts"?

Thanks much.

[Moderator's note: The basic RealPlayer *is* available for free, but they
don't make it too easy to find!  Go to http://www.real.com
Then click on "Download:   RealPlayer " near the top of that screen.
You'll be brought to another page filled with hype about RealPlayer Plus.
But at the very bottom of that page is a link for the free Basic RealPlayer
download.  BIG]