From:
Ann Haager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2008 12:48:09 -0400
I agree with Sukie. Our ferret had surgery 2 weeks ago because he
couldn't pee. His prostate was enlarged, yes, but the vet also found
that there was a blood clot in the bladder. Our boy is a little over 7
years old and we weren't comfortable with surgery, but it was either
that or death. He is doing wonderfully now! He's so much more energetic
than he has been in months! The vet took out the left adrenal gland,
the spleen (because it had an errupted abcess on it) and the blood
clot with the tissue around it. He emptied the bladder as well as what
he could from the prostate. Found out part of the problem with the
prostate was due to an infection, so he got as much of that out as
possible. So Lupi is doing great, peeing up a storm!!! We are changing
the papers quite frequently now. If you would like to read more about
his recovery and see videos, you can see my blog at
http://craftyweasels.blogspot.com
and see videos at
http://www.youtube.com/ferretmommio
and another video that I didn't upload on youtube at
http://www.adrianhaager.com/ann/videos.php

Hope your baby gets better soon, I've seen how miserable they can be
in that situation.

Dooks & Dances
Ann