From:
Kate Pappas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 2008 11:08:09 -0800
Oh my poooor ferrety-friends, I had thought that I was finished with
"ferret filk"--but--"ferret filk" wasn't finished with me!

After assembling the various components of the ferret playground
(formerly known as "the living room") one morning, reflecting on how
my feng-shui friend is horrified by all the "clutter" of ferret stuff
strewn over the floor each morning and picked up each night. . .the
following song appeared.

As always, it is based on actual, factual, real, true-life experience!

"Weasel Wonderland"

We got bags, we got boxes,
We got tents, we got sockses,
We got blankets galore all over the floor for
Playing in our weasel wonderland

We have hidden some crunchies
For when we get the munchies
We stashed them away for later today
Playing in our weasel wonderland

In the corner's where we put the chess men
We climb up on the shelf and knock them down
We leave the shelf in a great big mess, then
We carry all the chess pieces around

Later on, we'll conspire
To get all we desire
We're just so darn cute, we get lots of loot for
Playing in our weasel wonderland

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to all! and "May all your ferret
tales end 'happily ever after.'"

Kate (currently-owned by "George & Michaela," nicknamed "Zorro &
Mickey"--a dark-and-dashing big sable boy and a sweet-and-spunky tiny
red-headed girl)