Date:
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 04:43:03 +0000
Dear Collective,

I'd first like to thank all of you who emailed supportive kind messages.
They helped alot at a time that has been so hard.

This morning I washed P.B. for the last time.  I cleaned up the mess he
made of himself last night and then cuddled with him.  We put him in his
carrier along with a mess of bandit treats.  We went to the vet and
helped him on his way.  He couldn't use his back legs in the end and lost
control of his bowels and bladder.  He had started crying whenever he was
picked up and made it clear he didn't want to be held any longer.  He
stopped eating.  His life had become so miserable.

I'm not ashamed to say that I cried.  P.B. had brought such joy to my
life.  I will miss him terribly just as I miss Sherlock and Gryphon.

Again, thanks to all of you who gave us great advice over the last 3
months and those who showed us such wonderful support.

All the best ,
Matthew in CO (missing P.B., Sherlock, and Gryphon)

P.S.  BIG, I think I need to take a break on the list.  If you could
unsubscribe me and let me know how to resubscribe when I'm ready, I'd
be grateful.

Thanks,
MS.