Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 2014 13:03:09 -0500
Hi All,

My Xena was recently diagnosed with insulinoma and she was put on
prednisolone (0.05 ml of 10mg/ml solution) and omeprazole. She wasn't
eating well and lost 2 oz in 2 weeks, which I assumed was the
omeprazole and stopped using it. She's began looking and eating better,
but now tends to have sometimes loose smelly poops. I'm wondering if
this is because I changed her diet to getting duck soup 4x daily and
she eats a bit of kibble, or is it the pred? Or is it just IBD or some
other intestinal problem?

She has had intestinal problems since I got her, but it seemed to get
better when I switched her to GF kibble. She's been taking pred in soup
for about 7 weeks now. Could the duck soup be too rich for her system?
It is mainly kibble and baby food with various supplements. She loves
it and would eat even more than I give her but I want her to eat some
kibble too.

I don't want to put her on ABs, flagyl & pepto bismal unless absolutely
necessary with a lab-confirmed problem. This didn't help my previous
IBD ferret and the torture of giving it too her stressed her out so
much that I think it made the problem worse. I remember with her that
any slight change in her diet, even just one treat, but she did ok with
duck soup.

Has anyone experienced this before with pred and/or duck soup? Is there
anything I can give her that's more binding for her stool?

Thanks for any info.

Best wishes for the New Year for you and your furkids.

Shron,
Spooky & Xena
Angels Rocky, Minky & Klondike