From:
Donna & Daniel Christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 22:41:49 -0600
Valerie,
Did you ever think of asking Noodles?  When i had to take my Odysseus
in for surgery (emergency) the doctor gave me 3 choices, he had bloated
on me ,

#1. intubate and relieve some of the flatus
#2. surgery
#3. Do the (humane? thing?)

I did not care for this vet, as he made me wait so long for him to show
up at the clinic in the first place, i left a message with his answering
service that i would meet him at the hospital, i had an emergency, it is
a 30 minute drive as it is.  Well, i looked this doctor in the face, and
told him, odie will let me know,when he is ready to die, and YOU, can do
the surgery.  His next question was , "are you going to put any money
down on it?  I tossed a $100 bill at him, and left.  When we picked Odie
up the next day, i paid off the bill.  I have never liked him since, it
was a Sunday, and he didn't like being called away from home?  I had an
emergency!  He treated Trevors, broken leg, just about the same way, he
tried with Odysseus.  Trevor (retired racing greyhound) was helped to
the Rainbow Bridge, that doctor could hear him crying in the background,
(calling from home) and nastily told my daughter that there was nothing
he could do for him, that night...Trevor had cancer in his leg, we were
pondering amputation.  My daughter took him to the Emergency Clinic, that
night and helped Trevor to the other side of life, as she sat with him,
till he went to sleep.  Granted, money gets your needs met, but what
happened to compassion?  Trevor was immediately cremated, i managed to
find the money for that too.  He was Lynn's first personal pet, and she
loved him, but he loved her more.  She would love to have Trevor back,
she now has his ashes.

Valerie, all i can say, is talk to Noodles, she will let you know, what
you need to do.  You are the one who has the relationship with her, not
the others.  I don't know much about what is going on, because i don't
have time to read everything, but i caught your dilemma.  If you want to
do vet care, you will be surprised, how you will find ways to raise the
money for what you need.  Don't underestimate yourself and your
potential.  I have managed to pay off thousands in vet care just this
year alone, not without help of course, but...read the last statement.
I hope this helps.  Believe in yourself...if no one else will.  Therein
you will find your answers.

Just as when Epimetheus went missing on me, for 10 weeks, i could never
stop looking for him...i would have felt like i failed both of us.  The
results, i have him back...i was a fortunate one.  One does what one
must, when faced with adversity.  You either give up, or keep going....

I hope this helps.
Many regards. . .
donna and Eppy