From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 08:36:06 -0400
Someone posted as one of the things to do when you lose a ferret is call
Animal Control.  Be VERY CAREFUL before you do this.  In my county the
Animal Control Officer has dictated to our Human Society Shelter that all
ferrets found roaming loose MUST be put down and tested for rabies.  And the
shelter complies with his wishes.  So I would call right now and find out
policy before one ever gets loose to know whether you can expect their
support or not.

On travel: I haven't seen the frozen pop bottle as something to try.  I
would think driving at night with several frozen pop bottles in the cage and
maybe a towel draped loosely over the top to keep the cool in might work.

Mary, Boris, Giesela and Booker the dog