From:
Sharon Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 19:45:38 PST
hi to all,

First of all, thank you all for the too numerous to count emails I got
after our last post.  We feel so very supported by all the fmlers.  I don't
know why we didn't get responses from the first post (maybe hotmail has
something to do with it) but there are over 30 responses from the second.
Thank you all so much!

Second, Lucy is better.  She is running and playing and generally back to
her old self.  Her lab values are back to normal too; from a glucose of 30
on 3/7 to 126 on 3/24; bibirubin of 2.1 to 0.1; SGPT of 884(four times the
norm) to 76(right on target).  Her calcium was 3.9 on 3/7; now back to
8.8;other electrolytes such as potassium and sodium which were slightly
elevated on 3/7 now back to normal.  A miracle?  I think so, because we
have more time with her, as do her sister and two brothers.  We are keeping
her on every other day prednisone for now; and milk thistle to heal her
liver.

So again, unless I want to subject her to an ultrasound or fasting glucose
levels; we can only guess.  I am so grateful for her and her love; and for
Echo,Tally and Toby too.  They give us so much.

Again, thank you. I will keep updating as we go. I am grateful that all of
you are here.