From:
Laraine Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Apr 2005 22:04:54 -0400
I want to introduce a very special group of people to you: my 4th grade
music class.  When Ritchie (a big, lovable albino that they knew because
I would bring him in to school on special occasions) passed away on April
7 of this year, I told them.  Immediately some of them made sympathy
cards for me (I am keeping them for my ferret scrapbook).

Well, yesterday (Friday), when they came for class, they gathered around
my desk where I was sitting and started putting envelopes on the desk.
The envelopes had money in them, and on the front of the envelopes is
said: Ferret Money.  They did this all on their own, no prompting from
their teacher.  Well, needless to say, it brought tears to my eyes!  I
told them I would let them help name the next fur baby and they are all
a-buzz with suggestions.  They are indeed a special group of young
people and I am very thankful to have them as my students!

Laraine (aka:  ferretlady)