From:
Linda Mooring <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 1996 10:39:20 -0700
I had my two minutes of fame this morning and I devoted the time to ferrets!
On my way in to work I was listening to Alex Bennet on Live 105.  He was
interviewing CA state senator Quentin Kopp.

I've never been on a live radio program, but the instant I got in my cubicle
I dialed into the radio station while frantically trying to pull up all the
info I could find on ferrets and Kopp on my computer.  My call went through!
I was terrified!

Fortunately, and as I should have remembered but didn't since Netscape was
being particularly slooow this morning(!), Kopp is very ferret friendly.  He
launched into an explanation about how he's been a major player in trying to
legalize ferrets.  He counted off the states that had recently legalized
ferrets (Massachusetts in particular) and told everyone that CA and Hawaii
are the last holdouts (state-wide, at least).  He added the reasons why CA
still makes them illegal: they'll destroy agriculture and poultry farms -
everybody laughed about how foolish those claims are.  They were all so
nice!  They even let me give out the CDFA's web page!  (I hope that was OK!)

Although my call was short, it was very positive about ferrets.

By the way, this happened just a little before 9am. Anyone hear me? I
hope I didn't sound too nervous and stupid.

Linda M.