Date:
Sun, 29 Mar 1992 21:52:35 -0500
I have had my ferret since last August.  She is loads of fun.  I have
finally gotten her to tolerate her harness.  Just recently I found out that
there is another ferret down the street named Bandit.  Sneakers (my baby)
and Bandit hit it off right away.  It was a relief to find out that he was
already fixed.  I don't want to be a grandmother too soon.  One evening
Sneakers and I went to visit the outside world.  We also visited a new
neighbor's inside world.  Sneakers was being so good.  She just sat in my
lap.   But, something very odd happened.  Sneakers made two horribly loud
squeals, flipped out of my lap and hands, hissed and then ran as fast as she
could underneath a couch.  When I went to get her from under the couch she
just avoided me.  Finally, I caught her and I saw that her tail was bushed
out.  She also hissed again.  I have never seen her this spooked before.
One cause for her actions could have been due to the fact that someone in
the house was rattling a chain.  Rattling chains hurt my ears.  Do ferrets
have an acute sense of hearing?  Could the chain sound have caused her to
freak out so suddenly?  Has this happened to anyone else?

Out of curiosity, how can I get copies of the FerretStuff and FerretWorld
catalogs?

-Amy-