From:
Beth Stoker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 1998 07:34:39 -0700
Heather,

I had the same problem myself.  I used the trick of having a dish
underneath the water bottle and it was ideal for my girls.  Minerva prefers
the bottle and Frumpstiggle prefers the dish.  I started out with a ceramic
dish - too light and they didn't like it.  They pushed it all the way down
all three levels and left it in the litterbox.  Then I tried a heavier
ceramic dish.  They didn't like that one either.

What I ended up using was just a regular plain plastic cat food dish with
two sides.  You can buy these for $2 at the grocery store.  They have two
holes on the side that are perfect for attaching twist ties to the cage.
And twist ties are sure alot easier to take out (for cleaning) than having
it wired to the cage.  I left the water drip into one side and put their
treat for the day in the second side.

Beth, Minerva & Frumpstiggle the marsh wiggle
in Denver, Colorado