From:
Jean bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Sep 1996 18:41:08 -0700
I currently have 3 ferrets, Nikki-9mth dark sable female, Jewell-7mth
chocolate sable female, and Loki-4 1/2 mth dark sable male.  None of them
were bought at the same time... you know how it goes, one must have second,
cann't resist the third, and so on.  I have been real fortunate that I had
absolutely no problem with each new addition.  They became best of friends
within a few minutes of introduction.  I put this partly to their open
personalities and that they were each fairly young when I added a new one to
the group.  However, I plan on adding a 4th to the bundle around December.
By then, my youngest will be 7 mths or better and the new one will only be
about 8 wks.  I don't think I will have any problem with socialization as I
take my fuzzies to the pet stores on a regular basis to keep them accustomed
to "outsiders" and have never had a problem other than their not wanting to
leave their new found friends.  My concern is that my fuzzies all love to
rough and tumble and have a great time.  However, do you think this would be
"unsafe" for one so young?  After all, she/he will be so much smaller than
the rest.  Also, she/he will not be a pet store ferret but from a local
breeder.  He believes in waiting till the kit is 3 to 4 mths at least before
descenting/neutering which I have no problem with.  Will this cause a
problem with the others of either opposing gender until the kit's surgery?
I am still fairly new to the ferret world and would appreciate any input or
suggestions.

Thanks in advance...
Jean and the fuzzies