From:
Stacey Lamb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2011 09:26:17 -0500
Hello all! Good news from the Joplin, Missouri front. I have been
working closely with the HSUS, and the shelter that was without
electricity and water seems to be ok now, the shelter operator states
she is doing well. The Humane Society has had NO ferrets come in (not
sure if that is good or bad.... but they ARE finding pet birds and
snakes, etc, so I assume if there were ferrets to be found, they would
have found them) KUDOS to them for working so hard on behalf of the
animals and their owners. And to all of the INCREDIBLE ferret community
that reached out, offering assistance and room in their homes.... you
guys rock! Soooo, as of right now, we are NOT having to make a trip
there. We are on hold, unless we hear of a specific need come up. All
clear! NOW, I worry about the TX and OK shelters that may have been
affected.... can you all check in so we know you are ok???

Fuzzy hugs to all!!!
Stacey Lamb
Branson, Missouri

--