From:
sargentcolburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 21:58:17 -0500
Dear Ferret Folks-

Yesterday Christene noted of her ferret Weed's experimentation with the
drug subculture
>As far as my Weeds story with pot in a film canister.  The potential
>danger of what could have happened ( had the film canister opened ) was
>not lost on me.  I hope the idea was not lost on anyone else either."

Nope, nope, nope.  It wasn't.  Can you imagine a ferret...stoned out of
it's tiiiiiny widdle mind...jonesing for rasins?  I've heard so many
times that pot should be legalized, the stoned are not dangerous.  Oh
really?  Try standing between a stoner and a bag or Doritos.  If Doris
freakin' Day were high, she'd cut your throat for a box of Milk Duds.
But a FERRET?  They'd bend the cage bars, and gnaw a hole through the
drywall of the room they were in to get at the rasins.  Then they'd scarf
the whole box, and wear it on their head empty like a drunk with a
lampshade...war dancin' around...bouncin' off of the furniture blind...
giggling... Then, bellies full of sweet, chewed-up dried fruit, they'd
drink water until they bloated like enormous ticks, and sleep for six
weeks.

It's not a pretty picture.

Alexandra in Massachusetts