Date:
Sat, 19 Jul 2008 14:42:16 -0400
I bought (thank God for credit cards) a Ferret Tower of Fun for my
kids. I got the one with the heavier tubing. The kids absolutely love
it. That is the first thing they do when they are put out to play,
actually 2nd thing to do, pooping is first. They play and scratch in
it, going forward, backwards and after they are done playing with that
and their other toys, they go to sleep for a few hours and then I hear
the scratching of someone in the Tower of Fun again. They absolutely
love this and it is so great as it takes up very little space opposed
to the regular tunnels that you have to run on the floor and they get
to climb which they love.

I was thinking that maybe petshops/Petco, etc. should stop selling
animals and make it so that they are special ordered. It would help
prevent people from buying on a whim and would help ease the
overcrowding of ferret shelters. Is there any way to start a petition
or way to get a law passed that would do this? I am very afraid of what
may happen if the Canadian ferrets are nippier and someone that does
not know anything about ferrets, decides to buy one. All I can picture
is more ferrets being dumped and abused as well as shelters are already
overwhelmed with waiting lists. What will happen to the ferrets? Will
people just let them go? It is scarey and laws need to be changed to
protect all animals as well as ferrets.

I am so sorry to read about all the losses on the FML and although I
may not get a chance to send an email or card, please know, that my
heart is with you in this very sad time. Please know that many of us
share your sorrow even though we may not make contact. May it ease your
pain knowing at least these ferrets got to know love, warmth and enjoy
food and a good home, even though it may have been short. I know it is
never easy.

Eleanor, Donald and the 12 ferrets