From:
"Vanessa M. Cook" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1993 11:26:41 -0400
Seth Morabito writes...
{
{       [Blatantly STUPID ANTI-FERRET Government Propaganda Deleted!]
{
{ That just makes me mad.  Forgive me if this seems like I'm overreacting,
{ but I've never actually seen such nonsense before... I've only heard
{ about it second hand from those fighting for ferret awareness in other
{ locations.

I think that you should consider the source!  :)
1.)  Someone abused their ferret and it finally got even with them???
        And these people just happened to have friends who were into
        lobbying for useless and stupid misinformed causes???
2.)  People would rather make these sort of allegations against our Carpet
        Sharks because either
        a.)  They don't like them and
                "by gosh no one else gets to have something I can't stand."
                (God and country and all that...)
        or
        b.)  They would rather people attack strange squggly creatures with
                mindless fervor since there are probably many more dog bites
                and cat maulings than ferret attacks.
                (Even accounting for the difference of population.)

3.)  Or they are just Stupid and Ignorant and don't know any better
        and don't care that they don't know any better.
        (Sorry, I just couldn't resist.  :)

{         Well, I'm not going to let this stand.  I intend to write
{ letters to the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
{ (the department which issues ferret licenses) and try to get that

I would get your license first.  :)

{         I know this is not nearly as important as getting ferrets legal
{ in Ferret Free Zones, but it's still something I'd like to see done
{ along with the bigger stuff.  The last thing we need is more
{ disinformation from people like the NYSDEC.  Thanks for your help!

I wonder if it would be better to send copies of this warning to your
legislators and representatives.  They might be able to do something real
about this sort of state sponsored ignorance.
After all, this is your tax dollars at work...  No?

--
Brian & 'Nessa (watched over by) Priscilla & Herman (the ferrets)
"Maybe it's a gift, a special talent that I, alone, possess!"  --Wembley