From:
Karen Schuttinga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 11:01:54 -0400
Dooks to all!

Some of you may remember the post I sent about my babyboy Bandit who has a
heart murmur.  For others, here is a recap... Took Bandit to the vet for
his 1st distemper and the vet heard a faint heart murmur.  Ok.  Took him to
a 2nd opinion, this vet didn't hear the murmur.  OK.  Took him back to 1st
vet, yup, the murmur is still there and getting louder.  And it is an odd
type of murmur.  2nd vet would like to check him out again, we take another
trip.  This time he hears it, it is definately there and getting louder.
(This is over a 3 or 4 month span.)

Sooo....... Schedule x-rays and an ultrasound.  And finally we get good
news!  Yesterday was the ultrasound, and he has mild pulmonic stenosis.
(Can anyone say this 5 times really fast?  I can't!) In essence, it is
a place in one of his arteries between his heart and a valve that is
inelastic and did not widen with the rest of the artery.  So blood does not
flow smoothly through this spot, causing the murmur.  But the good news!
He doesn't need surgery!!!  Or medication!!!!  And he will live a normal
life!!!!  The vet did tell us some complications that could occur, but
since Bandit is fully grown and still shows absolutely NO signs of any
sickness, the chances are great that he will not have any.  So we get to
enjoy our out-of-control bundle of fur for years to come!!!

And he did great during the procedure too!  He is usually an extremely
hyper little boy and with the mild sedative he received he acted like a
normal ferret!  And with my husband and I there, he just relaxed and sat
there as we held him still.

So many prayers of thanks!  After many months of not knowing whether he was
going to live a month or 5 years, it feels so good to know that Bandit will
live a long and happy life!

So hug all your fuzzies tonight!!

Karen&Scott
Bandit (Milo, wake up I am home from seeing the white coat people, LOOK!
        THEY SHAVED MY ARMPIT!!!)
Milo (Wow!  Did you bite them for that one??)