From:
"Peta ,Mark & Max" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 16:06:25 -0000
I find the following a bit ,,,disturbing....

>From:    Mike Janke
>Subject: Photo request
>
>I'm trying to put together a flash presentation that I hope will be
>helpful to inspire people to donate to ferret shelters in one way or
>another.  What I'm in need of is photos of ferrets, but not just
>regular, cute ferret photos, but photos of ferrets in need.  Things
>like ferrets looking forelornly through the cage wire, ferrets being
>hand fed, medicated, and so on.  I want to tug at their heartstrings a
>little bit so I hope that helps to give you an idea what I'm looking for.

You know there are times when set-up photos work and then there are times
when they don't .....

This is really a time when they don't .  A good case for the "Arguement"
is this , Those commercails with those poor kids and the narrator saying
" a dollar a day will save these kids!!!" Everyone knows most of these
are set-up shots using extras and they don't "Sell".

We all know that the "Dollar" doesn't really go to the kids, they get
maybe 10 cents on the dollar.  The picture is one of a few they ship
out by the hundreds to "Tug at our heart strings" (actually tug at our
wallet) .  I know this is synical (SP) but hey it's real life's , people
take advantage and if you think it's free it ain't!!!

So about the "Poor Ferret pictures" , don't do it , how about a few
happy ferrets and say something like , "Let's keep these beautiful
creatures happy and dooking!!"

Just an observation, don't kill me, I'm only the "Daeth Adder" (a snake
that bites but seldom kills)