From:
"Benita G. Booker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 20:30:03 EDT
I think I was dupped.  I decided to try something different for bath time.
I aM traveling to NJ today and decided especially since I saw a couple of
fleas.  To break down their room and give them a good bath and check them
over.  I decided to try something different.  I ran water in the tub and
proceeded to go and get the fuzzbutts from outside.  I put all 9 in the
bathtub.  A couple wanted to get out.  I put water on them and they
decided to stay.  So I said hey this is going to work.  I decided as a
safety to put the trashcan in front of the door.  I figured they couldn't
get out or I would notice.  One by one they honesty waited their turn and
some even laid down as the sprayer sprayed them.  I thought what good
babies I have.  Then when there was only 2 left to do.  I noticed I hadn't
heard any dooking, running, or felt any playing.  As I looked at the door
it was wide open.  I got up and ran downstairs.  And noticed all the
activity going on.  My husband thought I let them out.  Why would he think
that because the parakeets have free run of that room.  I ran to the bird
cage.  I didn't see them at first.  And yes there was one fuzzbut in their
cage.  Once I rounded up the fuzzbutts I saw the parakeets at the top of
their cage.  They are use to intruders.  We have a mouse that has been
running the house since Jun.  He goes in and sleeps in the parakeet
hanging tent.  I am now running around and scooping fuzzbutts as they
tease me in the wardance.  Laughing I run upstairs to find the last 2
waiting as to say What about us?  Any time now.  I have to admit it has
been months since they have been bathe.  But, all in all, they never
cease to amaze me.  I wonder was the behavior displayed in the tub a ploy
to help the others escape.  Probably not.  They were long awaited for a
bathe.  I feel I am very lucky to have 9 very compatible fuzzbutts who
bring joy to me everyday.

This is just something I wanted to share.

Dooks,
NeeJa and the MOD's (Masters of Disaster)