From:
"Tammy K. Russell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 1995 17:08:20 -0400

We had our little female ferret, Stinky, first.  We'd had her at least a
year before we got our kitten, Storm.  When we first brought Storm home she
was terrified of Stinky.  It didn't take but a couple days before that ended
though.  They started checking each other out and getting to know each
other.  They started playing and at first Storm overpowered Stinky but
Stinky very quickly learned to defend herself.  Then they got used to each
other and are constanly playing together.  Sometimes it sounds like they get
carried away with it and they are hurting each other.  Sometimes it seems
like the ferret is doing the damage and sometimes it seems like its the cat
but in actuallality niether is being hurt they just like being vocal.  Now
they are like they best of friends.  In fact Stinky gets along better with
Storm than her previous best friend, our Collie, Babs.  Between the ferret,
the cat, and the dog they always have someone to play with and they all get
along great.  Sometimes all three spend hours playing together, chasing and
chewing and everthing else, until they are exhausted.  Then all three just
curl up together and go to sleep.  It will just take your cat and ferret
time to get used to each other.  Maybe a little more than ours if your cat
is grown and was their first and feels its territory is invaded.  But I hope
it works out.  Their is nothing nicer or cuter than pets that get along and
entertain each other.  I hope this helps you.

--
Tammy Russell