Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 21:40:31 -0500
Hello all,

I'm new to the digest, so please bear with me if this is stuff that's
already been discussed.  I read somewhere (I thought it was in Ferrets
for Dummies, but I can't find the page) that ferrets like ping-pong
balls.

My two boys, Trouble (vote for him on the HS website,
http://photocontest.hsus.org/moreinformation.asp?pet_id=1737&rank=154 )
and Mischief loved playing with them.  Then Mischief developed a habit of
trapping one in a corner and puncturing it with his canines so that he
could carry it around.  One had bitten into so joyously that there was s
strip of plastic peeling in toward the center.  That was the end of the
ping-pong balls.   [Weird... ranking is part of the URL... currently 160]

My husband went to a sporting goods store with a golf section, and bought
something he calls golf whiffle balls.  You have to get the ones without
the holes.  They look like a regular golf balls, but are hollow.  (I know
better than to give any critter that likes to chew a real golf ball!) The
whiffle balls sturdier than ping-pong balls, and Mischief can pick them
up by catching the dimples, so he doesn't need to puncture them.  I hope
this helps others.

To all those who have watched a beloved fuzzy cross the Rainbow Bridge:
My heart goes out to you and those with you who also suffer.  Our little
ones bring so much more joy to our lives than others can imagine.  Even
as I grieve with you, I'm glad for all the happy times you had together.

Gale

"I'm not nuts!  I'm condiments.  I've been promoted."  H M Murdock