Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 1997 18:08:35 -0400
Re Kevin's idea about Kodo's birthday:
I think faxing birthday messages to Kodo at the governor's office is a great
idea!  I wrote something like, 'I am sorry you are having to spend your
first birthday being held hostage because of the ignorance of the state
government.  I am hoping you will be at home when you celebrate your second
birthday.' (I also sent them to the other 2 #s below):

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep up the pressure.  Please keep faxing to these
three people:

Martha Fitzhugh, Bay County Corporation Counsel,(517) 895-7658;
Assistant Attorney General, Denise H. Chrysler (state prosecution)
(517) 373-0241;
    and
Gov. John Engler (517) 335-6863 and 335-6949.
Please keep calling the governor on Monday. 517-335-7858;
517-373-3400.

We must keep the pressure on these people.  We are down to the wire!
Suggestions: Fax handwritten letters, birthday wishes to Kodo, photos of
your ferrets, copies of Sen.  Dingell's resolution, whatever you think they
should see.

Bud Jackson, our media consultant, suggested sending as many faxes as
possible; they should be out of paper when they come in Mon a.m.

Every letter to the governor I send now, I write "this is not a form letter,
I wrote this!" I think it's an insult to everyone that they stated they only
received about 50 faxes and most of the letters were form letter with no
thought put into them, that people are only following what someone told them
to do.  Ferret droppings in all their corners!

Please, if you see media coverage somewhere, can you let us know.  If you
can send a copy of an article, that would be great.  Thank you again to
everyone who is sending donations to the media fund.  Please e-mail me if
you need more info.

     --Ronnie
     Ralphie, Harry, Pr Charming and Merlin 'we hope Kodo comes home soon'