From:
Rick Roller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jun 1998 11:20:47 -0600
YES, for all those Salt Lake County Ferret owners.  What was the question?
ARE FERRETS ILLEGAL IN SALT LAKE COUNTY?

Somehow the pet shops and local politicians have minipulated the voters
again.  FERRETS are legal to sell now, but not too own.  What does that
exactly mean?

You can spend your hard earned money on purchasing one of best pets in the
world, yet you cannot physically own the critter.  The pet shops can take
your money, yet legally, you cannot possess the pet.

Does this make sense?  NOT IF YOUR ON THE SAME PLANET AS ME.  I am sure all
of you are, but unfortunatly the Politicians in Salt Lake County, Utah must
be from some other universe where everything is ass backwards (pardon me).

This goes out to everyone who might think Ferrets are legal where they live.
CHECK THE """EXACT""" wording of the local ordinances, regulations, and laws
in your area.

Right now the United Ferret Organizaton is waging a very long and drug out
battle against the stupidity that is our County Commission.  We have waged a
petition campaign, television and newspaper campaign, and a public speaking
and education campaign.  So far we have won the hearts and minds of the
masses, but not the political attention this topic honestly deserves.

The new weapon is going to be unvieled this week.  YES, ladies and gentlemen
U.F.O. has a new weapon.  I will fill you in tomarrow.  Why am I waiting?
Because its Sunday in Salt Lake County and nothing can be done today.  Not
by my choice, its just the Salt Lake way.  Plus, I want to give you all the
correct ammunition to help us wage this new campaign against the local
polticians.  Your support will be very critical in its success.

If you are interested in more information about the United Ferret
Organization, please send us your Name and address.  Information will be
sent promptly.

THE UNITED FERRET ORGANIZATION IS DEDICATED TO THE PROTECTION OF THE
DOMESTIC FERRET AND EDUCATING OTHERS ABOUT THE WONDERFUL COMPANIONS THEY
MAKE.