From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 09:27:34 -0800
My ferrets love the bubble tubes in their cage.  One loves them so much he
will actually sleep inside the tubes.  Because we ended up rearranging our
cage to add a very large hammock (it takes up the length of the cage) we
removed most of the tubes inside the cage, so he will now climb around the
tubes and sleep above the cage in the tubes.  Of course, if he gains much
more weight he won't be able to fit inside, the flubber-butt :)

Yesterday, we ended up buying a new MF ferret of undetermined age.  He was
found outside of an apt and the people who found him decided they couldn't
take care of him anymore.  Besides the fact that he needed a nail trim and
ear cleaning badly, he was in pretty good shape.  The owners weren't all
that knowledgable (we surprised them when we told them that "she" was a
"he") but they tried to give him a good home.  He had a nice cage, lots of
toys (tho some were soft foam which we did not take with us), decent ferret
food and he seemed well litter trained.  He goes in for a vet visit and
shots as soon as we can get an apt.

He is getting along well with my other 3 so far.  They even showed him how
to break into the bedroom if the door isnt shut all the way.  I don't think
he has been converted to the ranks of FLO yet (my other 2 males have been,
and my female I'm sure is a high ranking officer) because he was calmly
waiting for me outside of my bedroom, while the other 3 were tearing around
inside.  I'm sure it's just a matter of time though.  They are all sleeping
together in the bottom of the cage (which normally never happens), so I'm
afraid they are implanting hypnotic thoughts in his head while he's
sleeping.  Guess I will just have to enjoy this gentle boy while I can
before he turns into a wild FLO agent :)

Rowan