From:
Diane Dederick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 11:17:14 -0400
Hello, All,
My name is Dee.  I have been a ferret owner for nearly 3 years and have
been following the FML for just as long.  What I wanted to tell you about
today was my NEW FUZZIES!

With all the postings about the cruelties inflicted on these sweet
creatures, I have spent alot of extra time hugging and kissing my guys.  (I
couldn't read all of SAM'S poem last week, it made me cry).  Right then and
there I decided I needed MORE FUZZ!

So, I sent an e-mail to my local ferret shelter (FERRET FRIENDS FOREVER)
and went to meet with Linda on Monday.  Needless to say, I wanted to adopt
all of them.  Linda is a true ferret lover and she guided me towards two
fuzzies snuggled together in a hammock.  I only wanted one, but these two,
well... they had to go together.  Monday I came home with Charles
(Winchester III) and Dash (of Joy).

Dash is a "Light Frosted" with a little dash on his head.  He has cataracts
and Charles, his brother, takes care of him by helping him into the
hammock, cleaning his ears, and generally being he brother's keeper.
Charles is a "Panda" colored ferret.

Charles & Dash made a happy transition into my brood and my Mooch (my alpha
ferret) helped "babysit" Dash while Charles explored all the hidey holes
with 'Spresso, my chief thief.  It was funny, but 'Spresso actually
"guided" Charles to the BIG STASH in my boxspring, nudging him in the right
direction.  Everyone was having a dooking good time and I found out that
Charles LOVES the towel rides I give on the kitchen floor.  Dash, well, he
walked right into the other ferret cage where Breezely Bruin (deaf Marked
White) was sleeping and snuggled into the pant leg with him woke him up.
To make things even more fun, Paco, my chihuahua mix, was going crazy
because it's his job to keep track of where all the fuzzies are.  He ran
and grabbed his favorite toy and joined the party on the kitchen floor.  I
found out that both Charles & Dash are big dookers, and Charles does the
dance of joy quite well.  After exploring the whole apartment, the whole
crew joined in for a mass carpet dig under my sofa.  You could hear them
all dooking under there having a great time.  Needless to say, they are a
family now.

I want to thank Linda for guiding me to these two.  I love them dearly and
am thrilled to now be a mother of 5!  She must've known that I was the
right mom for Dash & Charles.  She has an instinct, I suspect.  {{HUGS &
FUZZY KISSES}} to all my fellow FMLers.  I'll keep you all posted on the
antics of this crew as I'm sure Linda will appreciate it.  DOOKS to all!

Dee - "Towel rides anyone?"
Mooch - "C'mere Dash! Let me clean the other ear!"
'Spresso- "And THIS is where we hide the good stuff, cause she can't get =
to it!"
Breezely Bruin- "I'll show you how to handle this mutt *CHOMP*"
Charles-"Hey! It's MY turn on the towel!"
Dash-"Aww, c'mon, Charles just cleaned my ears! Gimme a break!"