From:
Debbie Hunton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jan 2006 11:05:00 -0800
Well, now I feel silly.  I know I saw the list of treats separated
into categories (3 of them if I remember right: ok, in moderation,
never-ever!) on the FML recently.  I can't find it now, and am trying
to figure out what is the better treat to give my little man.

He has been acting a little "dopey" lately... not really the
"staring-into-space" I associate with insulinoma (I haven't had
personal experience with this, but have read up), just the
"getting-old-and-don't-have-as-much-energy" dopey.  But, as I don't
want to aggravate insulinoma if he's facing it (money issues for the
next month or so, then he'll go in for tests, sooner if he has a
dramatic down-turn), I am trying to control his treats.

He's a fussy eater.  My babies get a combination of Sheppard and Greene
Ferret Food and IAMS kitten for their kibble.  His sister loves chicken
baby food as a "yummy," but he just doesn't "get" that, doesn't
understand what she sees in it. :)  They have Cheweasels in their cage,
and he likes those ok (well, the raisin flavored one, at least).  But
he wants a raisin or a yogi (banana/raisin flavor) every day.  I know
neither is really good for these little guys, and I'm trying to find
something healthier that he likes.

But in the meantime, can someone point me to the treat list?  And does
anyone have info (I'll even take opinions) on these treats, or other
substitutes he might eat?

Debbie

P.S.  Yes, I've been told that I explain things too much... sorry about
that. :)