Date:
Mon, 30 Jan 2006 00:17:42 -0500
It is with a heavy heart that I announce that a beautiful albino boy,
Cloud Dancer, has left for the Bridge.  Bridge Greeters, please be on
the look out for him.  I think he is possibly a little confused about
what has happened.

You see, he had been sick for a while, but on Thursday he was having
surgery that we hoped would buy him a little more quality time.  And
while he did survive the surgery, he slipped away about 12 hours later
while he was sleeping.

Cloud Dancer was a very special boy.  I knew from the beginning that he
possessed a very old soul.  Even as a kit, you could see the wisdom and
knowledge he had.  He played, but while other ferrets were wild and
impulsive, all of Dancer's movements were deliberate and thought out.
Yet, despite that, he was extremely graceful.  He had a very regal look
to him, also.

He was a very gentle and loving ferret.  Because he was large, many of
my other kids were intimidated by him, and felt the need to challenge
him.  But, he wouldn't take the challenge.  He was perfectly content to
let someone else be the alpha ferret.

Cloud Dancer had one of the softest and whitest coats I have ever seen
on an albino.  He kept his soft fluffy coat until close to the end of
his life.  At times, he looked like a big puff of cotton.

He had one big adversity in his life - he was ADV+.  But, that never
seemed to bother him.  He had no interest in going out to shows or
visiting other places.  He was happy to stay home, where he knew he
was safe and loved.

I have created an online photo album with some pictures of him throughout
his life.  Anyone interested in seeing it can do so by visiting:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid9159362&pathID=1285583

I miss you Cloud Dancer.  You were my beautiful Dance Man.  And now, you
really are Dancing with the Clouds.
--
Danee DeVore
International Ferret Congress Health Issues Coordinator