Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 2009 09:56:53 -0500
I guess there is a rumor going around that we're closing, but let me
assure you we are not. I got a call from someone late last week who
asked if it were true, she said she was told since my husband lost his
job, we were closing our doors. Over the course of the Easter weekend,
I received several other calls and emails regarding the same rumor.

I only posted about my husband's job loss on a couple of groups but I
guess things spread far and wide rather quickly. Yes, my husband was
laid off, but that does not mean we are closing. Cutting back a bit
maybe (and who isn't these days) but not closing. His layoff was short
lived, as he went back to work just a couple of weeks later, and for
the same company. I am still employed full time so we and the shelter
are doing fine.

So if you hear this rumor, please tell whoever you hear it from that
it's not true. We are open and operating as usual and have no plans to
close.

Connie
Shelter Director-Ferret Waystation
Austin, TX