From:
Bruce Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 1996 22:28:03 -0400
To Courtney:

Regarding your first question - as Pam Grant just posted a good review on
vaccination requirements for ferrets, I'll leave it at that.  Your second
question:

>I am going to be getting a 6 month old kitten in about 1.5 weeks....
>anything I should have the vet look for/test for that could hurt my ferts?

Actually, ferrets share very few diseases with cats.  However, outside cats
can carry a number of parasites, the least of which is fleas.  Make sure
your vet checks for parasites inside and out.  Cats and ferrets cohabit very
well, but watch out for those sharp kitty claws and ferret eyes while they
are sizing each other up.  That doesn't mean declaw your cat, though.

Bruce Williams, DVM, DACVP              Chief Pathologist, AccuPath