Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 03:28:14 -0500
FERRET FOODS
For more information on the importance of the %'s please read the Ferret
Nutrition <http://members.tripod.com/Ferret_Luv/fernutr.htm> article.

[Moderator's note: This seems not to have survived the e-mail trek too
well.  I've numbered the entries to make it easier to decipher.  BIG]

   Ingredient
1) Marshall's Premium Diet
2) 8 In 1 Ultra Blend
3) KayTee Forti Diet
4) L/M Vita-Vittles
5) Totally Ferret Original Formula
6) Totally Ferret Adult Formula
7) Mazuri Ferret Diet
8) L'AVIAN Ferret Food

   First
1) Chicken By-Product
2) Chicken Meal
3) Poultry Meal
4) Fish Meal
5) Chicken By-Product Meal
6) Chicken By-Product Meal
7) Chicken
8) Chicken By-Product

   Second
1) Herring Meal
2) Ground Yellow Corn
3) Fish Meal
4) Poultry Meal
5) Rice Flour
6) Rice Flour
7) Corn
8) Brewers Rice

   Third
1) Corn
2) Brewers Rice
3) Animal Fat
4) Ground Corn
5) Egg Product
6) Egg Product
7) Animal Fat
8) Poultry

   Crude Protein Not less than
1) 38%
2) 35%
3) 35%
4) 32%
5) 36%
6) 33%
7) 38%
8) 35%

   Crude Fat Not less than
1) 18%
2) 15%
3) 18%
4) 10%
5) 22%
6) 18.5%
7) 20.5%
8) 22%

   Crude Fiber Not more than
1) 3.5%
2) 3%
3) 4%
4) 4%
5) 1.5%
6) 1.5%
7) 4%
8) 2.5%

   Moisture Not more than
1) 10%
2) 10%
3) 12%
4) 10%
5) 10%
6) 10%
7) 12%
8) 11%

   Ash Not more than
1) 6.5%
2) 6.5%
3) ?%
4) ?%
5) ?%
6) 5.9%
7) 7.5%
8) 6.5%

I found the ferret food ingredients list online a while ago when I was
looking for the best food for my ferrets.  We are now feeding our ferts
Totally Ferret, which is what our vet even said was best.  I hope this
helps everyone.

Linda
Plus Tyler and Tangles