From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 20:27:02 EDT
Every time I read the fml I want to reply to something, then I never get
to it.  So here goes...

Last night I had a really strange dream.  I dreamt I went into the Chunnel
(which, by the way, was between 2 houses on Long Island :-)  and it was a
giant clear plastic dryer tube that you walked through.  It even smelled
like plastic, so I thought it would be pretty uncomfortable in the summer,
with the heat and the plastic smell and the car fumes.  Weird, huh?

Ferret sighting sort of...
On Patriot's Day (one of those unique Massachusetts holidays which gives
everyone an excuse to go watch the Boston Marathon) I went on a job
interview which was truly bizarre.  Fortunately, I was only a few blocks
from the Marathon so I watched it for a few hours to cheer myself up.  I
saw one guy running barechested with "Weasel" written across his chest.
If you're ever in Boston on Marathon Day, be sure to watch, it's a really
wonderful event.  Always renews my faith in human nature.

ACO presentation...
A couple of weeks ago, Harry and Prince Charming went with their cousins
Wolfie and Rex (2 of Sharon Burbine's fuzzies) to give their annual
presentation to the (Mass.) Animal Control Officers Training Academy.  If
your state has something like this, it is a wonderful opportunity to give
out information to people who will be dealing with lost/found ferrets etc.

The ACOs were very receptive to the presentation (about an hour and a
half).  Some of the most important things that were stressed were:
Ferrets are domestic; ferrets are not a rabies threat; a ferret bouncing
up and down in an erratic manner is exhibiting normal behavior and does not
have rabies or any other disease.  (I think these address 3 of the most
common misconceptions about ferrets.)

Some of the topics covered were: history of the ferret; rabies info; what
to do with a found ferret; how to keep a ferret at the ACO facility; food;
illnesses; behavior; vaccinations; basic care; children; other animals;
biting, etc.  The ACOs asked very good questions and each were given a
folder full of info and references.  They are also given a quiz on our
presentation (Q's provided by us).  This is something Sharon started
several years ago and is a wonderful way to educate ACOs.  The fuzzies all
had a good time (we only brought "reliable" ones) and were very tired at
the end of the day.

Ronnie
Ralphie, Harry, Prince Charming, Merlin, Roxanne, Petunia, Epcot & Clover's
mom in Mass.

http://members.aol.com/farmflower/index.htm

HELP!  Mikey the cat needs a permanent loving home; was living on streets
of Brooklyn.  Extremely friendly and handsome.  Good with dogs/ferrets;
needs to be only cat; indoor only, no small children.  FIV+ but very
healthy.  New England/NY area.