From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 09:12:36 -0700
I saw the most adorable thing yesterday.  Ever since Ginger was a kit, she
has been a natural ball roller.  She will tuck a ball, an apple, an orange,
or anything round underneath her belly and then roll it backwards with her
front paws.  She practices this trick for ten or fifteen minutes at a time
and has set records for speed and control around obstacles.

Yesterday morning, Pepper was watching Ginger practicing her routine and
decided that she wanted to try her paw at it.  She went over to Ginger,
asked her if she could borrow the orange, and then proceeded to roll it
backwards with her front paws, just like her sister had done.  She wasn't
quite as graceful as Ginger, and she had some trouble going around corners,
but she did pretty well for her first try!  This is the cutest example I've
ever seen of one ferret learning a trick from another.

Shnuffles to all,
Julie