From:
"Ferret Aid Society..." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 11:22:09 -0500
It's time for yet another Harley update.

Harley got sick on Friday.  His eye socket swelled up really big again and
he was taken to the our regular vet in Toronto as Guelph was closed already.

Dr. Parker opened Harl;ey's eye socket and drained out a huge ball of slimy
lime green pus.  She also noted to me that while she was cleaning out
Harley's eye, some of the bone "fell" out.  She told me that Harley's bones
around the sinus cavity and in the nose were so thin and brittle, she'd
never seen anything like this before.

This was really bad news for us.  Harley had been doing so well for so
long.  I mean as well as one with Actinomyces could.  I'm not sure where
we are going from here with our "Little Bug", but hopefully nowhere bad.

Harley has been my light, my soul and my drive since August of 1997 when
his tiny abused body was handed to me.  In November of that year, when he
lost his eye and we learned how sever the abuse was, Harley became my
inspiration.  He never once bit me (except for the Craisens aunt Linda
sent) and never stopped trusting me or the people he meets every day.

Please hold your kids really tight tonight and love them that little x-tra
for our Harley "bug".

Randy

The Ferret Aid Society
http://home.echo-on.net/~magick

Harley T-shirts are here! $36 US $46 Can.
please see http://home.echo-on.net/~magick/store.html

http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=1383&mid=43897
click here to raise funds for the ferrets,  just by using your mouse!