From:
"Benita G. Booker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 14:13:20 EDT
In my earlier post.  It appeared to make some people upset.  In reality
everyone is not going to like what everyone has to say.

I feel if certain things that go unchallenged or swept under the rug
without someone saying something.  Could possibly occur again..  And you
know what it will.

People do what people have to.  But, not all people have to agree.  Young
people need to be taught consequences of their actions.  ie.  Boy,
ferrets are neat, I want one.  I get one I find out I don't want it
anymore.  I get rid of.  Hands clean.  Person feels that okay.  Person
gets another pet.  Things don't go well.  Hell, I will just got rid of
the last pet smoothly and unflamed.  I can just do it again.  There is
no way to stop things like this.  But, someone may take heed the next
time they do something.  And give thought to their actions.

I am not happy about the situation with the said girl.  But, that's me.
I spoke my opinion.  But, what if the said girl now thinks about her next
actions a little more thoroughly.  Would you say the next pet would be
kept or giving away?  Possibilities.

Two female ferrets aged 5 years old were dropped off at the shelter last
week in my neck of the woods.  The lady that runs that is having a time
with them.  It could be stress related, sickness, shelter shock, one of
them has bad moments, and so on.  There are consequences there also.  5
years of bonding and now a change.  Stress.

There are reasons and excuses why people have to get rid of their pets.
Illness, being handicapped, financial, and many others.  Then there are
reasons just because I don't want to deal with anymore.  That's fine too
and happiness goes out if they get a loving home that wants them.  But, I
feel people should understand somewhat that pets are not throw aways.

It saddens me to look into shelters with any type of animals.  Let alone
why they are there in the first place.

The girl has gotten a kitten yesterday.  States she is a cat person she
knows this now.  How do you know?

In my life time I can't not change the world.  But, maybe someone will
think about their actions.

This is my conclusion to this.  It takes many people to partake in this
world.  But, somethings can be taught somethings can't.  But, if I have
a written opinion and the moderator doesn't halt it.  It will be said.

In my house Raisin in the Morning, Raisin in the Night.

Benita