From:
"S.Hewett" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:06:54 +0800
>Before the ferret-specific vaccines I had 2 ferrets (male and female)
>who would have very bad reactions...

Lisa, thanks so much for your response.  Yours is the first I have heard
of that records a reaction to the to the "old" vaccine.  There may be
others.

I just don't understand how our West Australian ferrets have no reactions
at all.  It will probably have to go into the "unknown" basket of why
ferrets get adrenal disease, lymphosarcoma and insulinoma.

One thing that may be different between our 2 countries, however, is
that our vet makes absolutely sure that the vaccine is freshly defrosted
minutes before administating it.

Ah, the mysteries of ferret health.

Love & Dooks,
Shirley