From:
Dawn Koza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 13:50:59 -0800
Dooks to all,
Just thought ya'll would like this e-mail I received from the "Grennies"
food company.  These people have NO CLUE!

 -------------
We thank you for your email and concern about ferrets.  We have many
ferret owners and veterinarians who have fed Greenies. Lil Bits(tm) to
their ferrets and recommend to us that they are acceptable treats.  We
have packaged Lil Bits(tm) in a container for ferrets and pocket pets.
Ferrets, like cats, are both obligate carnivores which means they both
need high levels of protein for their normal physiology.  The digestive
tracts of all carnivores are very similar.  All carnivores digest protein
in similar manner.  Pet owners of ferrets have safely fed ferrets cat
treats and Lil Bits in small quantities and found good acceptance and
digestion.  If you know of a specific situation where one of our products
caused a veterinary problem for a ferret please let us know.

Bradley Quest, DVM
Technical Services Veterinarian
S&M NuTec LLC
816.221.8538

Let the "Flaming" start.  I just went to the Greenies web site.  They
have a link to e-mail them with comments.  So, I did.

Dawn Marie Koza