From:
Robin Vieira <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2007 18:16:15 -0400
[Moderator's note: Generally this is too off-topic for the FML but is
acceptable since Robin, a subscriber, is a volunteer at DBL. BIG]

To my family and friends: As most of you know, I volunteer at the
Dancing Brooke Lodge, a non-profit rescue for wolf hybrids. DBL offers
wolf-dogs a safe, secure and natural environment to live their lives
at. Currently we have 43 beautiful wolf-dogs. We are under court order
to vacate our current home by Sept. 1, 2007. As you might imagine, we
have had a very busy summer fundraising, searching for appropriate
land, finding financing, etc. To date we have held many fundraisers,
and we have begged, borrowed and sold to raise money to get the
wolf-dogs their "forever" home. The co-founders of DBL have even used
their retirement money as a down payment on the land. This would be
land that would house our current 43, and many more over time. The
land that was decided upon is the top of a small mountain in NH.
Negotiations were moving along, financing looked promising, and we
were all getting ready for the daunting task of moving the clan.

However, as often happens in business transactions, little problems
came up, and much time passed as we strived to correct everything. When
we still had not received word from the mortgage company by the end of
the business day today, we began to get really scared. You see, in
that court order to vacate, if we have not found a new home for the
wolf-dogs by Sept.1, then they will be put down, KILLED!!!!! These
beautiful, trusting animals shouldn't have their lives ended because
of mans' red tape.

We have 14 days to get them a home and so I am personally asking you,
as my friends, to help. So many things happen in today's world that
make us feel helpless because there is not much we can do about them.
Here is a way you can actually reach out and help this story to have a
happy ending. I am asking you to donate money to save these lives, as
much or as little as you can afford. Please see the web site for ways
to donate money and other help. The web site is
www.dancingbrookelodge.org .

I am also asking you to forward this email to every person you have
ever sent email to, and anyone else you can think of. As this letter
makes its way to people who don't know me, I want to guarantee to you
that I am a real person, and the wolf-dogs are real, and in danger.
Please help us to help them. Just think, if everyone who cares about
animals could donate even a small amount of money, this will work.
(100% of all donations go directly to the wolf-dogs.)

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Also, please join us at our
My Space page which is www.myspace.com/dancingbrookelodgeinc .

Thank you all for your help.