From:
Melissa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 09:49:42 -0800
Hi folks.

I've been saving up all sorts of little comments until I had enough to
warrent a post.  So here goes.

Some random thoughts:
You know you are nuts for your ferts when you throw your back out from
giving piggy-back rides.  (Yes, this is me.  Ow.) When you kick anyone out
of bed and refer to them being in the "ferret cage" instead of the "dog
house." In my case, it was 3:30am, I had tooth marks on my toes, and Tasha
actually WAS in the ferret cage.

If my ferrets spoke English:
Mira, the priss, would have perfect, elegant and eloquent grammer.  Cael
would most likely say very little, ie, "Food, mom?" etc.  Tasha would
sound exactly like Sandee. :-)

On that note, and I know Bill asked to drop it, so without going into
specifics, I would like to make a statement.  I would like to remind
everyone that DIALECT is a very appropriate and effective literary tool,
which has been used by such great american authors as Mark Twain, etc.
Would we ask dear Huck Finn to "grow up" and use "adult words"?  I think
not.  And that is all I have to say on the subject.

How many ferrets does it take to change a lightbulb?
I'd tell you, but first I have to find the lightbulb.

=====
Melissa
www.geocities.com/lostferrets