From:
Perro Loco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 08:09:08 -0600
Hej Everyone...

The New Zealand Ministry of Conservation has done it again.  Effective in
about 2 months, ownership of pet ferrets will be a criminal offense in New
Zealand.

Rater than include multiple news articles - here are a few URLs where you
can read the story.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=585
&u=/nm/20020328/sc_nm/environment_newzealand_ferret_dc_1

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=1292167
&thesection=news&thesubsection=general

Below is a copy of a letter to the editor I sent to The New Zealand Herald
in Auckland, NZ.  I would hope that you will join with me in writing to
the editors of various New Zealand news outlets and let them know how we
feel about their "ferret ban."

Additionally, I would hope that from today onwards you will join with me
in avoiding all New Zealand products... Sorry Xena, Warrior Princess and
all you Hobbits - I'm going to miss you.

Perro Loco
COPY of Letter sent to New Zealand Herald
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/feedback/email.cfm?user=letterstotheeditor
Dear Sirs,

It is with a sense of regret that I read today of the ill considered ban
on pet ferrets by the Conservation Ministry.  This ban does not address
the real problem, which is feral predators; mustilids and others.

As a member of a large international ferret owners group, I will encourage
all of our members to immediately boycott any and all imports from New
Zealand - including tourism, movies, television entertainment, wool, wool
products, foodstuffs and anything else that is exported by New Zealand to
the United States.  Hopefully in the near future, the label "Made in New
Zealand" will become a warning to others as products to avoid.

Though any boycott by our members will not significantly affect the
economy of New Zealand, I would hope that it becomes noticeable.

Sincerely,
name inserted here.
address here.

"No Cerveza, No Trabajo"