From:
alphachi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 06:12:24 -0500
>bill and diane killian
>No, the FML is a mail list.  The AFA is an organization and its AFR
>(American Ferret Report) is a newsletter that with its letters pages is
>certainly a "forum".  Since the AFR goes out to all subscribers it has a
>larger readership than the FML.

I advise you to read "Statement stands. Enough distraction" again.

>So how old are diane and bil that you know you are older?

Not old enough...

>You are correct we do not speak for the AFA.  You need to make sure that
>you do not confuse the opinions of any breeder or group of breeders as the
>opinion of the AFA.  As an AFA licensed judge bill is required to know all
>of the AFA "position papers".  None have come out about Marshall Farms so
>the AFA does not have an opinion on this issue.  If we state an opinion
>that we are attributing to the AFA we will very clearly make that known.

Ok.  Not likely.  Good.  A noticeable silence.  Obviously some in the AFA
felt differently about your statements, hence the note to me.

>We can't think of any that aren't.  Regional and international.  Though
>since we don't read French we can not evaulate the French list fairly.
>There are several lists that are completely unmoderated.

You've clearly said different to me and at least one other moderator not too
long ago.  Always good to get these things out in the open, Bill and Diane.

>You have stated why this is a hostile forum to them.  You have stated with
>a certainty that there is a problem that can be fixed.  They are already on
>the defensive to even respond to your comments.

More or less.  More than one and more than once.  No one said it's a "free
ride", especially on the backs of little fuzzbutts.  Do you think Marshall
might be less frightened if someone else made the comments?(rhetorical)  I
can always ask my granddaughter(9), but I must warn you, she can take *me*
2 out of 3!

>Not in our experiences.  We thought most people thought of politicians as
>evasive.  We thought most companies were rather slow to acknowledge
>liabilities especially in the suit happy US.

Again, I advise you to read more.  When push comes to shove, and the lights
are on, they bend.  Sometimes over backward, sometimes forward... BTW, all
my suits are happy <G> (well, except for my neglected double breasted deal).

best wishes,
until next time,
alphachi