From:
James Makowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 1995 08:33:27 -0400
Hello all.  Something bothers me about this Border crossing discussion.  EP
Flemyng states that border patrol officers have the right to confiscate your
stuff (including animals) and do NOT have to offer you the choice to leave
the state.  My question is: where do you actually get stopped?  If they stop
you before you cross or AT the border, they techinically have no
jurisdiction other than refusing you entry into their state.  If you are in
Nevada and you get stopped AT the California border, you are technically
still in Nevada and California Law Enforcement officals would have
absolutely NO jurisdiction as far as seizing anything goes.  I personally do
not intend on ever visiting California, definitely not with my fuzzies, and
if I ever do and try to sneak them in, as one poster's .sig says: The day
they take my ferret from me is the day they pry it from my cold dead
fingers.

Just my thoughts.  Any comments or clarifications?

Jim, Kathy, Nibbles and Bits