From:
Bill Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Oct 1998 08:46:57 -0400
>I was adopted by a 8 week old female a couple days ago.  I have two others
>(males, 1yr. & 2 yrs.).  They seem to be doing OK with her as long as we
>supervise.  PROBLEM:  Every time she wakes up in her cage she cries, and
>cries and cries... day and night!  Personally, I think she is more like 6
>weeks old and crying for her Mom......

A cage can be a cold and lonely place for a ferret, especially one used to
the company of past friends.  I have recently added several very large
hammocks made out of old shirts, blue jeans, or sweatshirts, at the
suggestion of a friend.  (Thanks Richard Brown!!)  You can secure them to
the cage with shower curtain hangers, and if done creatively it makes a
wonderful comfy and warm hidey hole, with lots of levels and places to hide
and crawl through.

Also I have always used several knit stocking caps, which they love to hide
and keep warm in.  A visit to the vet is also made much easier by picking
up a fuzzy in a warm hat.

If all else fails you might try bringing her and her hat into bed with you
between the top sheet and blanket (so you don't roll over on her).  It is
really special to have a ferret lick your ear (and tell you a secret), to
get you up in the morning.