From:
Gordon Bengtson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 2011 08:25:57 -0400
I knew almost nothing about ferrets when I got my first one, Byte-me. I
didn't even have a cage for her! But I got one and began with a simple
feed bowl and water bowl and litter thingy. Originally I had the wrong
food for her but got the correct kibble that day so she was ok.

When you get a new kind of animal for your abode there are not laws or
constraints on doing that yet there is an implied responsibility to
know just what you are getting into. The animal needs that and you
need that. If not, both will suffer terribly, usually the animal.

After several decades I have learned allot about ferrets and continue
to learn. Ferrets are a very complicated animal and require allot of
care and knowledge to have one successfully. Ferrets need special food,
lots of out time, a safe environment and way much more.

To have animals cohabitate in your abode one needs to learn about each
animal. After all, you would not bring a panther in your home and a
flock of rabbits and chickens! The chickens and rabbits would get along
fine but that panther will be a changing factor in many things. And no,
panthers do not like lemon Jell-O so that diet won't work even though
the wiggle might be of interest to the panther.

So do your homework FIRST and then do careful thought about what you
are trying to do. In my case it has worked out very well but far too
many times people fail miserably and the animal suffers. Hence the
ferret shelters and almost all of my ferrets came from shelters.

Gordon and Pest R. Doodle

_12-2Addy CEO