From:
Dave Burket <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 09:56:46 -0500
My 4 yr. old ferret, Snowflake, was recently diagnosed as having insulinoma
(via blood test) and possibly adreanal disease (symptomatic).  anyway, the
vet prescribed prednisone 1/2 mg.  twice a day.  She has been on it for
a little over a week now, and I've noticed her hair really seems to be
getting thinner and thinner.  Is this normal?  Has anyone every experienced
this before.  I'd like to avoid surgery if I could so am leaning toward
Lupron (although not sure if I can afford the $225 every 4 months).  I'm
not sure if my vet does cryosurgery so I'm not sure how costly that is.
Seems like everything I've read the ferrets do sooo much better with the
cryosurgery than the other surgery.  I've read so many sad tales about how
hard the surgery is on them!!  If anyone could give me an info on
experiences with either surgery, I'd be grateful.  Oh, Snowflake is also
anemic, she is on vitamins (V.A.L.  syrup -- similar to pet-tinic) twice
a day.  Thanks so much.  The FML has been so helpful.  :-)

Pamela
Mulder: The world didn't end.
Scully: No it didn't.