From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 18:33:00 -0400
>Works best if done in southern ebonic or what ever they speak down
>there...

I took obvious offense to this post, since I am from the south.  Why must
people who do not know, assume that southerners do not know how to speak?
Yes it is true that some of us speak with a southern drawl, but that
doesn't mean that we do not speak english, and even more so it does not
mean that we are uneducated or unintelligent.  The only people in the south
that speak ebonics are the same people in the north that speak ebonics.
This is not something all southerners do.  Please people, can we be nice
on this mailing list and take other people's feelings into consideration
before we make a post?  After all, I have a few things I could say about
"yankees"....

>I thought the first time he was just getting my attention to give him a
>treat, but the second time I had the can of treats open and held down for
>him and he lunged over the can and bit me, drew blood through a plastic
>glove.  I think he has a learned behavior from his first owner.  I wonder
>if they teased him with the toy and then hurt him.

I just wanted to say that I too have a ferret that bites when it hears a
squeaky toy, but I have had him since he was a baby and know that he was
not abused in anyway.  Now hearing of two ferrets with this trait, I wonder
if it is just something inside ferrets that get them upset when they hear
the squeak.  Maybe it just hurts their ears...

Hope you all have a great day!