From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 May 1998 10:16:49 -0400
We want to say happy birthday to our silly brother and fellow FLO member
Merlin who is now 2 years old.  Merlin was born all white with a black
stripe down his back, like a skunk.  He is all white now with dark eyes.
Yeah, we think he is all wight too.  He was just a little goofy baby when he
came to live with us.  He is still goofy except now he is bigger than all of
us.

By the way, Merlin is the only one of us who didn't come from a shelter or
was rescued.  We are all perfect and wonderful!  And if you think fuzzies
from shelters aren't absolutely the best, then we will send Merlin to beat
you up 'cause he is BIG and will tackle anyone!  He is also deaf so he won't
hear you if you call him names.  But we love him anyway.  Happy Birthday,
Big Guy!

P.S.  We fuzzbananas are very grateful for all the wonderful shelter moms
and dads out there who help fuzzies like us find a good home!  and if some
people out there say bad things about shelters, don't listen to them, 'cause
we ferrets really appreciate you a lot!!!

Ralphie (from a shelter, was an 'unwanted' present to a boyfriend)
Harry (found wandering the streets in the dark ages when ferrets were
       illegal in Massachusetts, came very close to being euthanized)
Prince Charming (rescued by a friend of someone who was going to turn him
                loose, brought to a shelter)
Roxanne (brought to a shelter, too 'active' for the person's other ferret)
Petunia (given to a young child by someone who didn't want her, the new
         mother was afraid of her and called a shelter to come get her NOW)
Epcot and Clover (Arcadia ferrets from Operation Safe in Florida)