From:
Debbie Fryman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 2010 14:19:28 +0000
I always pictured the tooth fairy being a ferret.

Anyhow totally unrelated... My big boy Gizmo has some pretty gnarly
tarter buildup on his teeth, you know the wide ones on the side that do
the cutting. He gets unusually bad tarter, I have tried diet changes,
chew bones, brushing, it doesn't matter he still gets it.

He's an elderly gent of undetermined age (he's at least 6) and he lost
his cagemate 3 weeks ago. Thank you bridgegreeters for helping Vicious
find her way. The weeping around here is slowly drying up, and most of
it wasn't me!

I am trying to scrape some of this crap off his teeth, fingernail isn't
working, anyone have any special secrets? He tends to get sores in his
mouth from them, and the vet pops me for about $300-$500 to clean him
due to his generally bad dental state and other health issues. Vic's
vet bills set me back about $2k in less than 2 months, and I am just
flat broke. Gizmo is grieving so he isn't eating much, and the teeth
aren't helping. Anything I can do to help him is greatly appreciated!
Let's hear those dental tricks!

Thanks
Debbie & the king of kings Gizmo the man-ferret
missing Flash, Fancy, Zoe, Sylvia, Cocoa, Slinky, Squiggy, and Vicious
across the bridge.