From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2013 18:34:46 +0300
Hello Kathy! This is Nell, answering with uc [converted] inserts below.

Perhaps the most important info is at the end.

>the Gofundme site says you have enough to send 4 of the animals? Would
>you be able to send them ahead?

I plan to either make a prelim trip w just the ferrets, or to wait and
bring them all at once. I don't want to burden Cindy with several more
animals to take care of without me. Also, if I am not on the same
plane, the animals would go "cargo", the cost of which and the stress
on the animals, is a lot greater than when they go as "accompanied
baggage." Finally, making two trips means two airfares for me.

>Perhaps people here could help out the person they are staying with?
>We could send food to her/them. Most of us receive discounts on
>ferret/cat food and would be willing to share, even if just a small
>bag each. We would just need to connect to them to know what kind of
>foods the animals will eat.

This is a great idea. Cindy has a ferret sanctuary/hospice and has
also rescued some other types animals. If I split the animals up,
the ferrets would be there in March.

>I do have great concern on the age of the ferrets. Since you went
>there over 5 years ago that would make them going on 6 years old,
>at least. Have they shown any signs of adrenal disease, lymphoma or
>insulinoma?

One, Jonas, is six, adrenal and might also have insulinoma. I hope to
know about the insulinoma tomorrow.

Should he prove to be insulinomic, I would need to have a stopover in
Frankfurt to give him his sucrafacte/pred part-way through the trip. It
could double the cost of the ferret fare, and it wd be very difficult
to manage. So let's hope Jonas is not insulinomic.

>Or are you blessed with private bred furkids? Perhaps someone can
>coordinate with the person they are staying with to have them vet
>checked upon their arrival. Or is there a rescue close that can help?

Cindy, w her own rescue, would know just what to do.

>I sure with there was another site for the donation collection as
>Gofundme takes 5% of the money raised.

I think it's 8+%!

Some people simply Paypal money to the credit union where the money's
being stored, using my email, [log in to unmask]
Others have sent checks or wired money directly to the account. (I'll
send you the info on how to do that if you like.)