From:
Shanna Hiniker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 18:23:19 -0700
My name is Shanna and I just added to the list.  I have three Ferrets and
one big problem.  Olivur was my first ferret, and after about 6 months of
being an only child, I decided to find him a playmate.  Enter Satsu, a
sweet little girl about 5 months younger.  They got along great!  I put
them in the same cage the night I brought her home, they just hit it off
right away.  Here comes the problem, his name is Baloo, and he was a
surprise gift from my fiance.  He's just a sweetie, but he is still a
baby, at least a year younger than Satsu, and Olivur thinks he the most
terrible creature he's ever seen.  He bully's him all the time and what's
worse he's turned on Satsu.  Now I have to house my three ferrets in three
seperate cages, not at all what I had planned when I aquired companions
for my fuzzies.

Beyond Olivur's bullying is a health concern that appeared the same time
I got Baloo.  Olivur seems to have troubles controlling his bladder and
dribbles little urine spots, just a drop here and a drop there, all over.
I took him to a vet who perscribed a medicine that is supposed to help him
control his bladder muslces, but it doesn't seem to be working.  I feel
bad because he doesn't ever get out of the room and doesn't even get out
of his cage as often because he has also fogotten what the litter box is.
He used to be such a swe t boy who was fabulously potty trained and I
don't know what step to take next.  Please help me with my angry ferret.
Any comments are greatly apprecited.

Thanks
Shanna, Olivur, Satsu, and baby Baloo